- Today in my Twitter https://t.co/nuILUWTujN 00:16:33
- Have a Gluten Conscious Cookie https://t.co/SJTc6T9c3c 09:07:56
- I give myself extra credit for the movie reference….. https://t.co/NTKcYLWJL7 in reply to RealDarrenCohen 09:10:27
- 1. No it’s not….and it’s not even close.
2. No POC know you would make sure they are never your neighbor. https://t.co/jwGHsrpBFn 09:12:00
- Kaepernick’s protest is as American as that flag https://t.co/9F9oxP8tjF 09:51:27
- I love Twitter! https://t.co/ao6MMXulsE 09:53:40
- Is this a fucking joke? One is campaign CEO the other is the stay at home dad with no job on campaign. #Garbage https://t.co/Kp2nuxOwby 11:35:18
- So Bill cheating was Hillary’s fault….and according to @maggieNYT Anthony Weiner sexting is…..also the women’s fault! My head hurts! 🙄 13:04:44
- When the post mortem on the 2016 campaign is written…..It will have this tweet near the top. I’m just staring….. https://t.co/xSNKr3aZeK 13:16:03
- Hey @bdsams it’s an early holiday gift! (take that Trump, I said holiday not Christmas)! @alex https://t.co/ZidniW6OqO 17:28:46
- RT @KailiJoy: Trump has spent the month telling African-Americans things literally couldn't be worse for them. https://t.co/Op2bQPlvgf 17:34:43
- Everyone chasing next week’s Apple event… @markgurman laughing in his lair, on to the next! https://t.co/0WW5kX2PJw https://t.co/Lwp6e86gRy 17:38:04
- Kapernick will be a hero when we all have the appropriate “America the Beautiful” as our national anthem! 17:45:01
- That or in Trump America we sing Star Spangled Banner original lyrics…. https://t.co/I8lcxb8uiK https://t.co/5XUHpf5met in reply to RealDarrenCohen 17:47:08
- I Fixed Our National Anthem https://t.co/2Z7RL6PUxL 18:05:58
- YOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! 📚📚📚📚📚📚📚📚📚📚📚 #LGM #Mets 22:44:15
Darren Cohen Posts
Long before this week’s chatter about the Star Spangled Banner I have said that we need to change our National Anthem. There are a few reasons for that; the current one sucks, it is hard to sing, and it is based on a very overtly racist poem (which I learned about in a poetry class 20 years ago).
We already have the song, we just need Congress to pass a law making “America the Beautiful” our new national anthem. I will now take this opportunity to have you listen to Beyonce because why not?
While we are fixing shitty jingoistic music, we need to table “God Bless America”. If you are looking for an alternate I welcome you to listen to the greatest American folk song ever written “This Land is Your Land”.
We can do all of this, have the appropriate conversation about race in our society, and go back to doing what we do best as America, faux patriotism.
And throughout history, rather than making the appropriate sacrifices, the most powerful among us sent police in to cure issues of poverty and the first lack of opportunity with arrests and guns. And today we see the result. Saddest of all is rather than Kaepernick’s stance pushing us to work for a cure to the root of these problems, we will just put on the jersey of our team and root for either side to win a game that can’t be won.
Just read the whole thing.
Q: I noticed Panera has a “gluten-conscious cookie.” What does that mean?
A: That is gluten-free cookies in a world where the lawyers won’t let you say “gluten free.” You cannot walk into a Panera and be a celiac without having flour dust in the air. We’re not telling you this is celiac standard. So our lawyers say we can’t say gluten free. They’re gluten conscious.
Having said that, there is no gluten in that cookie. That doesn’t mean that your personal injury lawyers have permission to go after us.
Remember this the next time your friend is standing in line next to you at the pizza shop asking if they have gluten free pizza. If they really were allergic to Gluten, a.k.a. they have celiac disease, they would not be standing next to you while Nick Papagiorgio is tossing pies in the air.
P.S. For the sake of those that really do suffer from celiac, please don’t minimize their life or death issue with your fad of the week. If 99 people walk into a restaurant pretending to have an issue, the chances of the chef taking the person who is actually suffering seriously is diminished. That could have dire consequences.
- That was the issue….. https://t.co/UQ3yUzZEyM 12:51:39
- Hey AP….let me help you with this one. The sanctions in place CUT OFF IRAN FROM WORLD BANKING SYSTEM. https://t.co/z4pBYFMmBR 13:11:27
- The AP has become a parody this week. What is this garbage? @jayrosen_nyu https://t.co/LlOqn9UqMy 13:26:49
- “The sky is blue”….AP…”can we find someone to say the sky is not blue please”. Need to hear both sides! https://t.co/LlOqn9UqMy 13:42:31
- RT @BlanksSlate: I'm generally supportive of any professional athlete reminding folks that they don't owe the public a damn thing. #Kaepern… 13:43:30
- Snoopy Bowl! https://t.co/ECL9aLj4yU 15:56:32
- RT @daveweigel: Economic anxiety alert. https://t.co/zQaoK0sG0R 15:59:35
- Oh perfect….not taking cues from Nixon, literally copying Nixon now. https://t.co/9LbW6HL54h 16:32:01
- RT @jonfavs: Dismissing media criticism as partisan posturing is a neat trick, because then you never have to take it seriously. https://t… 21:56:28
You start out in 1954 by saying, “Nigger, nigger, nigger.” By 1968 you can’t say “nigger”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “Nigger, nigger.”
You can listen to the entire audio embedded in the article. However remember Ronald Reagan making his first stop after the convention is Philadelphia, Mississippi was no accident. Using code to get working class whites to vote against their own economic interest has been a 40 year strategy. The result are those that realized they were lied to by those they voted for now told the establishment GOP to fuck off. The people of color they hated were moving up in society, hell one is President, and they were still struggling. The result is the GOP nominee Donald Trump.
The iPad Pro 9.7 has changed my work habits. When I wake up in the morning, I’ll take it from my nightstand and start the day sitting at my kitchen table, reading the news, drinking coffee, and cruising through Twitter. If there’s something big going on, I’ll write a story before I take my wife to the train. The rest of the day is spent on my Windows 10 PC in my office, for the most part, until the evening when I return to the iPad Pro. I’ll finish editing and scheduling posts for some of our west coast writers from the iPad Pro while doing the daily NYT Crossword, for example, an app that I found isn’t available on Android tablets.
I love the portability. If I decide to change my work habits, I’ll bring the iPad Pro with me in the car, ready to edit or write a story from a coffee shop or diner over lunch. It’s lighter than my other devices and offers exactly what I need. And while my Chromebook offered a similar experience in terms of productivity, the better display, comfortable keyboard (it’s really amazing) and larger selection of apps keep bringing me back to the iPad Pro.
As I don’t see myself being a pen user (yet), I have been using the Air 2 in the same manner. It is still a companion device, but a companion that has become a lot more useful in day to day work activities than I ever imagined.
- Listen to new Britney Spears album on @AppleMusic. Judge me!
https://t.co/z0ODWGikZl https://t.co/z0ODWGikZl https://t.co/kpWel10sZI 09:33:58
- Breaking: Crown Prince of Bahrain is a Psychic https://t.co/dLFau8vtfy 10:13:20
- Good to know Re: HP Elite Phone https://t.co/XIEQMymHJF 11:06:27
- They are eating their own….this one made me laugh out loud like an idiot. https://t.co/cprbgimy40 11:12:01
- RT @brianstelter: "Chain emails that began when President Obama took office falsely claimed that tree had been renamed…" https://t.co/Vye… 11:14:33
- A few notes from me! https://t.co/AsapwJBv7P 11:43:25
- Solid lunch just need to up that exercise number later! https://t.co/0SnqREqbMP 12:35:20
- shitty, not cool, shitty https://t.co/ZHU1BWQPWc 12:46:15
- Hey neo-nazi sympathizers here is an app…..with your slogan and all! https://t.co/5mmWgInbUk 13:18:44
- RT @CaseyNewton: Spotify's strategy for beating Apple Music is … making its own product worse. OK! https://t.co/6aFun0YYDW https://t.co/j… 14:05:49
- Amtrak’s Next-Generation of High-Speed Trains https://t.co/6q4hFMPgAI 15:51:38
- RT @BraddJaffy: Streisand calling Tim Cook to complain about Siri was boss — but this is better https://t.co/PM2KJ5HhH0 https://t.co/29LDRk… 16:01:15
- He also has a Northshore LIJ name tag on….they are a huge org, and guessing they pay for support like most hospitals https://t.co/mSjWzWSyXq 21:02:30
- Who could of guessed bringing in the head of a racist POS website would be followed by fun like this? https://t.co/yOC5WE8hpp 21:30:03
- same…. https://t.co/xQKquvOhzB 21:32:23
- RT @chrislhayes: Guy with MAGA hat and American flag 👇🏼 https://t.co/jtK4SeTcdC 21:34:43
- The college football seasons is about to kick off………in Sydney. 22:11:47
- RT @alexburnsNYT: I for one am shocked that Bannon was accused of being an anti-Semi https://t.co/aiuHEFwvxG 22:17:33