I was reading comments online about the new Windows Phone and found someone asking how to send a photo to a friend on Facebook in a private message. To be honest I never knew that you could attach an image to a private message on Facebook until now. That feature seems to exclude us WindowsPhone 8 users. After a few minutes of brainstorming, I have found a solution until this feature is added to the OS (one can hope). I will give detailed instructions below, but in summary you are going to create a new friends list that only includes the one person you are sharing with, and then upload photos with only that group allowed to view.
- On your desktop go to www.facebook.com
- On the left side of the page, find where it says “Friends” (hint: you might have to hit more)
- Now in the main area of your page you will see a button that says “create list”
- Give your list a title and select what friends you want to give access
- Click “Create”
- Click on the new group you created and it will bring up a wall that shows what you have shared (should be empty)
- Click “Create Photo Album” and select any random picture from your computer (it makes you add at least 1 photo to create album)
- Before you hit “post photos” select your new custom list right to left of the “post photos” button
- Now click “post photos”
- Now on your Windows Phone 8 device go to your Facebook App (not photo hub)
- Slide left to bring up a list of options (profile, friends, messages, etc) and find “photos” which will be under apps
- Find the album your just created and open it
- Finally hit “+” on the bottom of your screen and add your photos
Now this might seem like a lot of steps to go through when you can just e-mail or message a picture to someone. However, many people like to use Facebook to share photos with a significant other or friend.